Our vision is of a world where God’s love is shown through loving, respectful and flourishing relationships. This is not a vague hope, but a goal we actively pursue by praying, campaigning and enabling.
We aim to show our Christian faith by the transformation of communities worldwide. We can do this through the promotion of stable marriage, family life and the protection of children. This is our mission. It is what we aim to achieve.
There are more than four million members of Mothers’ Union today in 83 countries around the world. Each member subscribes to the same values; the moral and ethical codes that are central to the ways in which we operate.
Firstly, we are firmly rooted in a voluntary ethos centred on mutual respect and collaboration.
Secondly, our governance, leadership, and programmes are driven by and undertaken through members within their own communities worldwide.
Thirdly, we work with people of all faiths and none.
Our aims and objectives are:
- To promote and support married life.
- To encourage parents in their role to develop the faith of their children.
- To maintain a worldwide fellowship of Christians united in prayer, worship and service.
- To promote conditions in society favourable to stable family life and the protection of children.
- To help those whose family life has met with adversity.
As a branch we try to encompass the aims and objectives by meeting regularly and supporting the efforts of the Mothers' Union locally, nationally and internationally. We meet on the first Tuesday of the month (except January & August) in The Centenary Room at St Paul's Church starting at 7.30pm.
If you would like to know more please contact me on 01772 785114 or email email@example.com
For more information please visit the Mother's Union's website.